Thursday, June 17, 2010

Is This Thing On?

Well, to say that it's been a long time since I posted something is akin to proclaiming water is wet. It's not because I've not had anything worth posting. Quite the contrary actually; lots has be going on and I really needed to focus on getting things back on track. You'd think I would be used to things coming up by now and throwing a wrench into my machine. But in getting back into the therapeutic benefits of blogging, I will try to get back into the habit of doing this on a regular basis. Now... Where to start?



How about assholes? I think that's a pretty universal subject that most folks can identify with. My point being that there are FAR.TOO.MANY of them around and they all seem to be in a position of authority over someone else. Let's just say that I've had more than my fill of assholes in the last year or so. As tempted as I am to say that I wish horrible things upon these "fine citizens" who have such boundless respect and compassion for their fellow humans/coworkers/etc, I firmly believe in karma so I'll just let them keep doing what they do and laugh as Fate hands these worthless masses of flesh plenty of rope by which they can put themselves out of our misery. In this case, it ended up being a blessing in disguise but the desperate position into which the actions of this particular asshole placed me were far more grave than I would have liked. So, to all the assholes of the world, here a big "Up yours". Look both ways before you cross the street... Asshole.

In other more positive news, the job situation is great. I've found a job with a firm that quite simply is awesome. I really like everyone I work with and my boss treats me as an equal and he values my opinions and skills in the field. As with any job, there are days where I'd rather not get up but that has nothing to do with work as much as me just being an idiot and staying up too late and wanting to sleep in. The atmosphere is one of "Do your best to help your clients/coworkers and if you need help, ask. Others are going to need your assistance at some point and we won't tolerate hording of knowledge. That only hurts everyone and in fact, makes you LESS valuable to the team instead of MORE so." This mentality could not be further from that of my previous employer (see the previous paragraph). I really like it here and it's wonderful to feel like a member of a team and not like I'm on my own any more.

Enough venting for now I guess. Hopefully, once I get back into the habit of this, I'll post content of a more thought provoking, interesting, and humorous nature. Recent history has turned me into a cynic and that is not my nature so getting away from that mentality would be a very good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment