Saturday, November 10, 2012

Agendas

Okay, one of my very few political rants of this election cycle (and it's party neutral, actually): I just read through the proposed Florida Amendments on the ballot tomorrow. After I was done and found myself totally confused by the language, I did some research to find out what they REALLY mean. Seriously State Legislators? Could you possibly be more confusing about what you want to add to our Constitution? I'm infuriated by the way politicians purposely word proposed legislation (and how they hide things inside of other propositions) in such a way that normal people who do not either have a degree in Law or a handy-dandy Paralegal/Lawyer friend to translate it, have ZERO clue about what they just read. Why not just go ahead and have it written in cuneiform on the ballot? At least that way, I wouldn't be mistakenly thinking I know what it means; there would be little doubt that I, in fact, have NO IDEA what you are "selling".

Shame on you for this blatant attempt to mislead the people of Florida and of this Country. This smacks of Nancy Pelosi's comment about needing to pass a law to find out what's in it. Shame on you, Legislature (all of you; Democrats, Republicans, and all other party affiliations)! When I think about this kind of thing, my faith in our State, Country, and in Humanity itself, dies a little inside of me.

Please educate yourself before you go to the polls tomorrow;
http://collinscenter.org/2012flamendments/proposed-constitutional-amendment-summary-information/

If I were stuck in an elevator with a Zombie, a Vampire, and a Politician and all I had was a gun with two bullets, I'd shoot the Politician twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment